Sunday, July 1, 2007

Noises


Friday I stopped by the Vet's office to pick up some tranquilizers for Happy, he can not tolerate the noises that go with the Fourth of July. Where we lived before in the Mojave Desert of Southern California there were always fireworks going off at different times in the year. The fireworks people came to the dry lake bed to test them frequently. They would start before dark and go on for hours. Happy was so freaked out, he would shake and drool and try to hide. He would leap into my arms and stay there until all the noise stopped. I would hold him, caress him, talk to him and pray for him.

This is the first time I got the pills for him. I didn't give him one on thursday night and about 10pm there was a loud boom and off he went under my bed shaking and drooling. Last night I gave him a pill and there was no noise. this morning he is still kind of groggy so tonight it will only be ½ pill.






1 comment:

Nita said...

oh, poor happy. my rocko gets really scared too. i thought i would try rescue remedy this year. he is in my lap right now. i have to give him one arm to lay his head on and look out the window. thats why i'm using no caps. only one typing hand.

happy is so beautiful, Marilyn.