Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sometimes a Caregiver's life sucks.

This past week I had a former patient pass away she was a 93 yr. old woman that I took care of for a year before she went into a Board and Care home. That is two in two weeks. So I have been going through some emotional changes.

However I now have a new patient that is going to be a tough one to care for. She has Lou Gehrig's (ALS) disease and is trapped in her own body; she has to have others do everything for her. It is such a sad situation as she has 3 children, two in their 20's and one only 10.

I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my good health. At 67 I am so grateful to be so healthy and pain free most of the time. I don't take any medications, exercise daily and take my vitamin and herbal supplements. All praise goes to my Lord and Savior. I should have been dead years ago, living the life that I did in my past.

1 comment:

Nita said...

Marilyn, that's what my sister, Sue, says about caregiving too. It's when you lose them....

I wanted to thank you for commenting on my Rainee's World image.

The lessons I've taken are Stepping Stones Through PSP. (SSTPSP) It's a Yahoo group. If you are interested and can't find them, email me and I'll send the link. I really love the lessons. The best on the web I think.

Blessings to Tudogmom and kids. Nita